All fans of the Xiaomi user interface called MIUI should get very excited. The brand new version of the UI – MIUI 8, will be officially released in just a couple of days – on 10th May.
Here is what’s new in the update:
- Changed Phone, Camera, Notes and Calculator apps among others
- You can create a note by simply swiping down on your screen. How to delete a note? Double swipe up to delete it like a paper shredder
- Notifications will have a new shade – it will offer a much more dynamic experience, with core functions exposed and hidden through delicate scrolling
- White colour as a background to replace the Gaussian blur effect in MIUI 7
- When you scroll up the notification panel, the settings you always use would be automatically hidden
Here are two gifs that demonstrate some of the new features:
MIUI8 will be officially announced on the Mi event in China together with the brand new Mi Max and Mi Band 2.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!