Apple announced the details about their brand new operating system – iOS 10 that is coming in Autumn 2016.
There are many new features and additions to the software, but here are some of the key highlights:
- Redesigned lock screen
- Rich notifications
- Quick interaction with apps
- Expanded 3D touch
- Notification area has been redesigned with new bubble-like notifications and widgets
- Control Center is now comprised of two panes – one with toggles and one with music controls
- Siri will be now open to developers – now it can send messages via non-Apple message clients, it can reserve Uber cars, among others
- QuickType keyboard: The keyboard has been enhanced with Siri’s intelligence and it can now sense what you want to say or answer
- Improved Photo app that can show your photos on a map, you sort them by the faces of your friends.
- The Maps app is getting a boost with Map layers, smarter and proactive assistance and extensions
- Apple Music got a refined interface, which makes easier to find the music you like and organise it.
- News app also has a brand new interface. It can also create subtopics for you
- Home app with even more powerful Home Kit
- The Phone app will also have new features. All third-party VoIP apps can now use the same calling screen as your default Phone app. Skype, Viber or other – they all get full-screen notification with a photo, some options and a big answering slider.
- Messages app will support live GIF and video playback right within the app
There a few other new features that you could learn more about on the Apple website.
Here is the list of Apple devices that will support iOS 10:
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Pro 12.9-inch
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
iPad Air 2
iPad 4th generation
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 6th generation
Here are also a few screenshots showing you more of the user interface…
What do you think? Any thoughts, just put them in the comments section.