If you are a fan of the Xiaomi brand, you will be very happy to hear that the Chinese company has announced the release of its new smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 6 in China on 19 April 2017. There is no official date for a UK release but you’ll be able to purchase it from Chinese importers such as GearBest and Geekbuying, but at a slightly inflated price.
Before you buy it, though, you have to know that the Xiaomi Mi 6 does not support the 800MHz (Band 20) 4G band in the UK (though it does support 2100MHz and 2600MHz). This means that if you are on O2, GiffGaff, Sky Mobile or another network that uses only 800MHz for 4G, you will not be able to receive 4G connectivity.
There are three versions of the Xiaomi Mi 6, and all three come with 6GB of RAM. You can opt to buy the phone with either 64- or 128GB of storage, and there is also a ceramic model with 18k gold detailing. No Plus model has been announced at the present time.
Here are all the other important tech specs of the Xiaomi Mi 6:
- Dimensions: 145.2 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm (5.72 x 2.78 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 168 g / 182 g (Ceramic) (6.42 oz)
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors; Size 5.15 inches (~71.4% screen-to-body ratio); Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
- MIUI 8.0; Platform: OS Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835; CPU Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo); GPU Adreno 540
- Internal memory 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Camera: Primary Dual 12 MP (27mm, f/1.8, OIS 4-axis & 52mm, f/2.6), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- USB Type-C
- Battery: Li-Po 3350 mAh battery
- Colours Ceramic Black, Black, Blue, White
Would you buy the Xiaomi Mi 6? Let us know what you think in the comments below.