As promised, we are continuing with our series of posts covering the best products we’ve had the chance to review in the past year. This time we’re going to talk about one of the most famous brands of vacuum cleaners in the UK – Dyson. Six months ago, we had the great opportunity to buy a new Dyson V8 Animal cordless vacuum cleaner and we even filmed a few videos on our channel with it. After many weeks of daily use, we are now in a position to make a verdict on this product.
Pros of Dyson V8 Animal
- Very light and compact
- Charges fast
- Has three additional cleaning heads for different needs
- Very easy to use
- Not very noisy
- Battery life is respectable
- Cleans on different surfaces with no issues
Cons of Dyson V8 Animal
- Not very easy to clean – most of the times you have to put your hands in the dirt to get it out
- Not easy to clean main cleaning head
- Storage for dirt is not very big – you have to empty it often
- It cleans only with forward movement, backward movement leaves rubbish on surfaces
- It is very expensive
Investing in a high-quality cordless vacuum cleaner has been one of the best decision we have made. As a family of four with one long-haired pet, the Dyson V8 Animal was the most logical decision for us. However, considering its price and the variety of similar products out there, t would be reasonable for every potential buyer to look carefully into their options.
At the end of the day, our honest opinion is that the Dyson V8 Animal is an excellent vacuum cleaner, so we would definitely recommend it to all our friends.